Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The N-word

In my world the "N" word is "NO."  I'm still not exactly sure what that word means, but there are times when mom uses it a lot, and rather emphatically too. So I have a pretty good idea it means I'm not supposed to do something.

Mom's been working intensely on a stitched and beaded project for a couple weeks.  And I'm a thread freak.  You do the math.  Sometimes I'll be good, on my best behavior, and I'll sit and watch her work as I am in the photo.  I'll watch that thread wiggle and jump around and I'll be keeping my paws to myself...and then suddenly, I can't stand it any longer and I'll reach out and try to catch it.  Right about then I'll hear NO!  So I'll pull my paw back, momentarily chastised, until I do it again.  At which point I get gently scooted off the table.

I've spent a lot of time this last couple weeks in self-imposed quiet time, on the rug behind where mom's working or up on my perch.

No comments: