Monday, June 18, 2012

Time Keeps On Slippin'...

I guess that regardless of what I'd prefer, I'm only gonna get to post here every 3-4 weeks.  That's the way it's been going, despite my promises to be more regular in my communiques.  I'll blame it on mom.

Actually, perhaps it IS my responsibility after all.  Perhaps I'm not persuasive enough to cajole her into helping me manage my blog on a more timely basis.  Okay.  Mea culpa.

Anywho, this is a scene from a recent morning, any recent morning as they're all the same from my point of view.  After my breakfast I'll jump onto the table where mom's doing her computer thing and park myself in front of the wireless keyboard (visible on the left, behind my butt).  Which is why that keyboard is pushed to the rear of the operation. 

When I'm here, mom uses the computer's keyboard.  Smart her, huh?  I still can't stop her from typing no matter how hard I try.  And I do try, quite hard sometimes.   Often I'll parade back and forth on the table in front of mom, waving my tail in her face, making a real nuisance of myself. 

So it'll officially be summer in a few days.  That doesn't mean a whole lot living on the North Coast, unless you live a few miles inland where it IS hot and dry.  Here on the coast (and more specifically the bluff where we live), it's frequently overcast in the morning, and after maybe an hour or two of sun and warmth, the wind will pick up and cool things right off again.

As Mark Twain once said, "Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it."   He also said, "The worse winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  We're 250 miles north of there, but still, his point is well taken.

Talk soon.


1 comment:

Jan said...

Aw, BeeGee--it's a rough life, isn't it?? Especially when you try so hard to get Mom to quit typing and she just keeps tap tap tapping away. She's persistent, that one. But you know that better than all the rest of us.

When I see you, it make s me want to have another cat...maybe when I can afford a house cleaner--no offense intended: I just have a wee little problem with cat hair.

You keep your mom on her toes, OK??? I'm counting on you, kid.

love,
Auntie Jan

Nutmeg and Chili say hello: cluck squawk cluck squawk...