Monday, March 28, 2011
Forget feather toys, give me the feather duster. I love this thing, nearly as much as I used to love feather toys. And while I'm batting it around the house, I've been known to dislodge dust bunnies from under furniture.
So put me to good use, I'm your guy!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Mom recently took a bunch of really great photos of me -- she's even been using one or another as her avatar on FB (isn't this identity theft?) -- and she thought maybe I'd like to post a couple here for you to see.
We've been watching a lot of movies recently, more so than usual it seems. Oh, and TV programs on DVD. Here's a sampling of what we've seen...
- Nurse Jackie -- seasons 1 and 2 (we loved it)
- Big Love -- almost finished with season 4 (OMG, this program is getting SO intense)
- Priscilla, Queen of the Desert -- Mom hadn't seen this since it first came out in the mid-90s
- 2012 -- just saw this tonight, kind of spooky considering what just happened in Japan
- Mad Men -- season 1 only (too depressing to continue, paws down on this one)
- Winter's Bone -- dark movie
- Welcome to The Rileys -- great movie you probably won't hear much about
- several Indie flicks we enjoyed a lot but can't remember the names of at the moment
I got a postcard from my vet the other day telling me it's time for my annual checkup. I've never actually had annual checkups, per se, although it was a year ago that I saw Dr. Jay with major itching and an ear infection. I'm going to get Mom to take me in in the next month or so, it wouldn't be a bad idea since I'm now a cat of a certain age and I want to stay in good health.
Hope you have a good week. It's supposed to rain here all week, so I'll be napping a lot!
Purrs & Meows from Beeg
Monday, March 7, 2011
I'm happy to report that I'm in better health than I've maybe ever been. I rarely scratch and preen much anymore -- other than the usual 2 or 3 mini baths a day. I'm still a little heavier than I should be, but we've struck a nice balance between my dual issues of weight gain and allergic dermatitis. The weight management food makes my dermatitis act up, the no-grain food has more kCals in it so if I eat only that, my weight starts to go up again. I'm eating 50/50 right now and that seems to be working.
The excessive wax in my ears from mid last year has virtually disappeared, with Mom's weekly ear checks and cleaning. We think the no-grain diet is helping here, as well.
Right now I'm dozing on a pillow next to Mom, on the couch, while she translates my thought waves into text. It was another rainy day in paradise today, likely more of the same tomorrow.
Hope you're all healthy and happy. Purrs & meows from Beeg!