Thursday, February 10, 2011

Me and Mr. Monk

Since watching all eight seasons of Monk, I've become a lot more aware of my phobias.  In addition to my long-standing hatred of vacuum cleaners, I now find that I'm afraid of hail, garbage trucks, music (like Bonnie Raitt, go figure, but Mozart might be okay), visitors...and I don't know, the list seemed longer when I thought about it the other day. 

Oh yeah, fear of my kibble bowl being completely empty -- but that's nothing new.  I used to have a bottomless bowl of the dry stuff.  That was until I started spreading.  Now I get fed a small amount twice a day and when it's gone, it's gone.  Empty bowl.  I use that as a meditation tool.  If I look at the empty bowl long enough, eventually it always gets more food put in it.  So praying must work!

Cat-cha later!

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hi Beeg,
I have found that sitting and staring at the empty bowl works quite well too so I agree that praying must work. We all do it and eventually Mummy gets the message. I have put back on the weight that I lost when Mummy's #1 son was here. I hid upstairs all day until Mummy went to bed and wasn't able to graze as I normally prefer. I'm scared of lots of things too: including the vacuum cleaner, hail, garbage trucks, Storm barking, visitors, the bowl being empty, Mummy being outside or away too long and the #4& #5 being cranky with each other. Oh yes I am frightened that someday I might be out on the street again and there will be no more food or Mummy to snuggle next too.