Thursday, June 10, 2010

Indoor Outdoor Cats

SO MUCH has been going on since I last wrote! How d'ya like my new blog? Mom's really excited because just this evening, Blogger added lots of cool options for customizing blogs, lots of new templates. So I selected one that looks like I'm reporting from inside a bamboo forest -- which makes me feel like I'm an outdoor cat even though I'm an indoor cat. Cool, huh?

So, last week I was showing signs of stress again, and Mom took me to see Dr. Jay this past Monday. The doc was so proud of me because I've lost nearly 2.5 pounds in just two months! He gave me a cortisone shot for my itching and licking, now my skin is clearing up again, and I've been much more mellow. Bored, in fact, in the absence of that constant fastidious personal hygiene.

The stress, of course, has been due to my still not quite being with the program of having another cat in my life. Mom even hinted that maybe she'd sadly have to give Kirby up if I just couldn't handle it. Wasn't that nice of her? To pay Mom back for her big heart, I decided to buck up and be a mature cat, and get over the new cat thing. I was a new cat once, too.

It's still not really summer here, yet. True, it's a few days away yet, officially. But I have a sneaking suspicious that we're going to move from spring right into fall this year.

Well, write and let me know how you like my new Blogger digs! Thanks for reading, catfans.

Purrs & Meows, Beeg

5 comments:

Jan said...

So glad you're feeling better! Your bamboo forest is awesome! Almost gave me vertigo...LOL.

Cat said...

I hope that you do not take any more cortisone's shots. They are not good for you. They will temporarily heal you, but in the long run it is really bad for you: http://www.cat-toure.com

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hey Beeg, I missed seeing the bamboo.It sounded pretty awesome. It would be cool to see you in different backdrops. Must tell my Mummy. Glad your visit to the vet went ok and that the cortisone is helping out. Skitz is still driving us crazy but we are getting used to it.
Purrs Emma

tiedyejudy said...

Hi, BeeGee! I'm glad you are feeling better, and I think the new decor is tres' chic!
Purrs to you and Kirby (and Mom for redecorating just for you!)

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hey Beeg,
Mum gave me the heads up to come see the new decor. I LOVE it. We have lots of skinny bamboo right next to our window: the closest we get to outside. Going to see if I can get Mummy to send you a pic of us all taking up her bed. Then you can see 'Our little Terror'.
Purrs Emma