Thursday, June 24, 2010

Conciliatory Cathood

Okay, I give...you win...have it your way...whatever! I'm still bigger than you are! -- although you're fast catching up to me.

Life is actually mellowing out measurably. I slept on my perch last night, Kirby slept next to Mom. I'm less isolated than I've been in the last few months, more available. Kirby still harasses me but more of the time it doesn't bother me that much. Right now I'm on the back of the couch while Mom's typing and watching the evening news (Rachel Maddow again). We're Progressives here at home although I try not to spend time thinking about politics, other than the feline politics in the house, of course.

Mark Twain once said, the worst winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco! That about sums up early summer weather on the North Coast. Cool, foggy, damp.

It's a good thing we've got Kirby now...because Mom came home from work today and told Dad about all the adorable kittens getting ready to be adopted from Sequoia Humane Society. Like as if she were thinking of bringing another one home! She assured me she's just admiring them, and I think she really means just that. We're a two cat family and that's it!

Purrs & Meows, Beeg

p.s. Mom just found me in my new hiding place. Maybe I'll let her upload a photo of me there, next post.

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hey Beeg,
Tell me about it. There used to be just me ... five extra kitties later and all of them look like Kirby. I'm all black. I tell you its scary...Mum really likes tabbies and orange cats and I live in fear that #7 might walk in any day. Skitz is driving us crazy: makes me a bundle of nerves. Enjoy the perch when you can get it.
Purrs Precious