Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Camper

Mom finally made a new quilt with ME on it, so I'm a Happy Camper! Go here to see the finished quilt. She has another one in the works, as well.

Well, I've been a blogging cat for over a year, now. Which also means I've been in the house, without going outside at all, for a year, as well. Unbelievable. I thought I'd never be able to do it. But a lot of things are real different than they were a year ago...so goes change.

Kirby and I are finding a middle ground maybe half the time now. Although he still wants to play far more than I do. I'm a tiger cat, I'm mellow. He's a tuxedo cat, he's psycho. Don't know if we'll ever change. I think I have to spend more time feeling grateful for the wonderful life I have, than lamenting over the fact that things are different than they used to be.

We've had more than our share of rain this spring, and more's coming tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to go out in it.

Life feels hum-drum these days. Not too many ripples in the flow. I suspect that's a good thing!

Thanks for reading, cat fans!

Ciao meow!

2 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

Wow, Beeg... your Mom made a beautiful portrait of you! Of course, she did have great material to work with...;-)
Don't worry about Kirby... he will slow down eventually. My Bubba is a Tux, and he was lots more hyper when he came to live with us nearly 5 years ago! He's pretty mellow now, which Double, our grey and white, is very glad of, I'm thinking! Just enjoy having some company, and when Kirby gets too frisky, give him a friendly cuff... he'll get it!
Purrs,
Judy

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Meowww Beeg,
We love your portrait quilt. Your Mummy is sooooo clever and you as always look so handsome. It is our new Desktop along with the one of Kirby. Our own psycho tux 'Skitz' is driving everyone crazy here...this morning he ripped open a litter bag and spread it all over the kitchen, then rolled in it. He was so happy. Mum wasn't quite as happy. We are all Tux cats here. Angel gives him a smack on the head when he gets 'too much'. Quiet is good Beeg...we love quiet and slow. We have had enough excitement in our lives. Time to sit back and smell the roses.
Purrs for a good day.
Emma, Precious, Angel, Dot, Skitz and Princess Peepers