Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Doctor's Orders

Mom took me to the vet on Monday to have my ears checked. Dad noticed recently that I had an awful lot of waxy stuff in my ears -- Mom was sure it wasn't ear mites -- and so in I went to have Dr. Jay have a look.

Turns out I've had a yeast infection in my ears! No wonder I've been so lethargic lately, fighting off an infection. The doc showed Mom had to clean them every morning and how to apply medication right afterwards, for a week to 10 days. Already they're looking a lot better, the waxy stuff is dissipating, and I feel like I'm back to the land of the living. Really, I've been much more engaged with everyone at home.

The really BIG news, is that Dr. Jay put me on a diet, seriously. New weight management food and a very restricted amount of food. The interesting thing is, I'm eating less than a cup of food a day now, and I don't feel hungry. Kirb and I are back to separate bowls and probably will be forever. The doc says I need to lose 5 - 6 pounds. Yes, I'd put on that much in the last few months, it's hard to believe but true.

All kinds of bad things can happen to overweight pets and I don't even want to go there. So I'm committed to shedding the extra weight, returning to my svelte self, and maybe even swinging from the rafters again!

Take care, catfans! Ciao from Beeg

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Yikes Beeg...ear infection! Glad Mummy took you to the vet and that it is now getting better. Out ears are so sensitive. Perhaps you couldn't hear very well either.

Oh a diet? Mummy thinks I might have to go on a diet. Truly I dont eat as much as before: it is just that I never knew when or where my next meal was coming from so I tended to graze often and long. I can still run fast and jump high though. Mummy says I have the physique of a shotputter what ever that is. Let us know how the weight thing goes and maybe we will talk it over with Mum.
Purrs Angel