Tuesday, November 24, 2009

That Conversation, Part Deux

Can you dig my eyes in this photo? I don't know how it happened...but it's a good look, isn't it?

Oh heck, I'll come right out and say it...I'm lonely as all getout! I hate when the folks leave for their respective days out in the world and I'm left home alone. I feel mopey and sad.

So, they've been having That Conversation again, the one about whether or not to get another kitty, someone to keep me company. The more they talk about it, the more I'm starting to feel like it might not be such a bad idea, after all. Mom and I are tight, I don't think anything will change that. So maybe I needn't be afraid of our relationship changing -- or wait, is it Mom that's afraid of our closeness changing? I don't know, we're kind of co-dependent with each other so I'm not sure which one of us is more concerned about this.

On the other hand, more love in the house IS more love in the house. Another feline critter, a playmate, someone to show the ropes to, someone to help me get more exercise, someone to curl up with on cold rainy days...hmmm, this is sounding better all the time!

Now the question is, male or female? Shucks, it really doesn't matter to me. If they get a male, I'll take him under my wing. If they get a female, maybe she and I will end up being soulmates like Aja and Grayson were (Mom's two cats that she already had when she adopted me, both of whom passed on a few years ago, a year apart).

I'm going to keep an open attitude about this. I'll keep you posted!

Happy Turkey Day, catfans! Purrs and meows from blue-eyed BeeGee!

2 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

I can only speak from personal experience... we got Double when we moved here, and he was all alone. Two years later, we found Bubba in our local shelter, and brought him home to keep Double company. Double is older... he showed Bubba the ropes and brought him in line, and they are best buds now! Each has his own place in the family, and they sleep together, hunt together, eat together... well, you get it. But they also have alone time as well. So, BeeGee, you will still be (you should pardon the pun!) 'Top Dog' in your household, but won't be so lonely while your humans are away... can't wait to hear if you get a new friend soon!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hi Beeg,
Three more tiny kittens came home from being dumped near the local school. We are not impressed. Two will be going to homes but we might be left with one. Maybe we will get used to IT....at least it fits our colour schemes...black and white. Even though we four didn't like each other when we first met we are a settled family now and it is great to have each other to play with and to snuggle next to. Your Mummy will always love you and by the way you eyes look like your Mummy's dyed cloth..have you been getting into the dye bath?
Purrs Emma