Monday, July 13, 2009

Swooning

I had a visitor outside today -- I could only see him through the window -- a beautiful, really friendly orange tabby cat. He came right up to the backdoor, he let both Mom and Dad pet him. And when Mom came home for a few minutes midday, he was under Dad's truck.

Dad thinks he's probably the new neighbors' cat. I already know what Mom's thinking, though ~ if he hangs around and turns out not to have a home, she'll want to adopt him! Geez, I've got to nip this in the bud before it gets off the ground.

This is MY house, my turf. This house is too small for more than one feline, and I'm the one! I'll just vibe that kitty back to wherever he came from!

That's all for now...ciao meow!

2 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hold the fort BeeGee,
My Mummy took in three strays after me. I made her sorry by peeing everywhere...for a long time.
Precious.

Elizabeth B said...

BeeGee,
Precious is right. Don't let down your defenses. Mom and Dad took in the first stray (well, that was OK since it was me and I didn't bother the 2 older cats) but then, since I was so sweet, they continued to take in every other stray that graced the doorstop. You know how word travels about kind humans in the cat world. Now, 10 years later there are 10 of us. I tried the peeing everywhere thing too... but it didn't work. There are still 10 of us. Including Hobbes, who sends her regards. Small families are best.
Scruffy