Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Good & The Bad, Part 2

Here's me relaxing with Dad the other evening. It's so nice when I can kick back and take it easy. That's the good part.

The not so good part is that I have an allergy problem and oftentimes I spend seemingly hours on end preening myself. Fortunately I'm not like some other kitties who've dehaired themselves with scratching and biting. But it's still a problem that keeps me awake during the night sometimes.

The problem is about protein synthesis, and Mom has to get really expensive food for me that has hydrolyzed protein in it. That means the protein molecules are broken down into such small pieces that they can be utilized by my delicate system. The expensive food doesn't resolve the problem for me, but it makes the situation better than it would be if I ate other stuff, even other good catfood.

I've always been like this. I know it bothers Mom and Dad, because they don't like to see me uncomfortable in my own skin. Much of the time I'm not bothered by itching during the day -- of course it's at night when we're all trying to get a good night's sleep that I'm often kept awake.

In the past the allergy was aggravated by the occasional flea bite...but these days, being indoors only, I never get flea bites anymore. Although lately I'm scratching as though I do. Humm, I'm wondering whether we have a dust mite problem here that may be affecting me? I'll ask Mom right now to discuss the matter with Dad. Although I don't know if there's anything to be done about that. The world has become an extremely dusty place.

Hope you're all having a good day lazing about! Ciao meow!

No comments: