Monday, June 1, 2009

Artsy Me!

I was actually going to title this post "Trust," or something like that, then Mom just took this cool photo of me and manipulated it in Photoshop, and I couldn't resist showing you how good I look digitally doctored.

But about trust ~ I've been thinking about that alot lately. I know Mom doesn't trust me, doesn't trust that I can go out and not run away for a day and a half. Okay, I can dig that. She has good reason to feel that way.

But what Mom is just getting, is that I don't trust her right now...I don't quite trust that when she approaches me in the morning or midday, that she isn't going to capture me, force me into a harness, and abduct me to her studio! The truth is, I know Mom returned the harness and leash over the weekend, so they're history. But still I feel so skittish now when she comes up to me, because I'm afraid to repeat what happened recently, so I immediately duck under the bed.

It's going to take time for me to feel safe around Mom again, in the morning that is. Right now I'm sitting right beside the computer while I'm dictating tonight's post. And I'm not afraid at all. It's just when I think she's about to leave the house that I get really anxious. Maybe I need to see a kitty shrink. Most likely, the fear will just dissipate with time.

I do have Mom wrapped around my little toe already, though ~ she doesn't even bother going to sleep with Dad these days, just beds down on the couch so she and I can sleep together. If that isn't control, I don't know what is!

Have a good one, catfans. Ciao meow!

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Awesome pic of you BeeGee..very handsome. We don't trust Mummy when she pulls out 'the box' that takes us to the place 'animals don't go home from' and she doesn't trust us when she wants to open the door. With good reason.
Yep we have our Mum wrapped around our toes too. Anyway the lounge is a good place to sleep. We all get to snuggle together.
Purrs Precious, Dot,Angel and Emma