Monday, May 25, 2009

On A Short Leash

Well, so I went outside yesterday for the first time in nearly five weeks. Mostly I just stayed in one place, with a few small forays. Mom was always close at hand. The leash is retractable, and apparently I have 16 feet of lead. But it all just feels too weird for me.

Mom bought a smaller harness yesterday, than the one you see here. But she thinks it's too small, even thought it's a small dog size. The cat size was unbelievably small -- they must think all cats are 5-6 pounders. I weigh in at 14 pounds, and it's looking like a medium dog size harness, like the one in the photo, will probably be best. That is, if I can get used to the thing. It kinda makes me feel like I'm in the dog house when I have it on. I wonder if you can teach an old cat new tricks?

I'll keep you posted!

Ciao meow!

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

My Mummy is following your progress: especially after I escaped twice today. Angel too: she went one way and I the other. 'Big cat that barks'opened the door and we were waiting. I am fairly sleek but Angel is getting a tum so she might need a big one. I don't think it will really suit my style though: leather and harnesses aren't my thing.
Dot