Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Me, Abashed

I tried to pull a fast one today and slip out the front door when Mom came home midday. But shoot, she caught me in the act. So now I'm feeling kind of embarrassed.

This photo is an old one, of our living room in Eureka. But the look on my face says it all. Oh well!

Three a.m. or so is the time I get antsy. Last night Mom and Dad and I were sleeping soundly, then a little after 3:00 I woke up and started to get active. It happens every night. I've got to figure out how to reset my internal wiring, so I'm active during the day and then we can all get a good night's sleep. So anyway, Mom got out of bed and finished the night on the couch, me included. Dad says I still scratch at the bedroom door even though it is closed, so it doesn't make a total difference when Mom sleeps on the couch -- I still bug Dad! I'm hoping I grow out of this, I know life would be a lot easier on everyone.

See ya! Ciao meow!

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I slipped out the door and tried to take off last night. I do it all the time to Mummy now and so does Dot. We wait for Mummy to open the door to let the 'big cat that barks' out or when she comes back in from working in the yard. I am very fast and Mummy is slow. She caught me though just before I got away down the steps. I am unreformed..I'm afraid. We all like to charge around the house at 3am ...wonder what it is. Mummy ignores us now even when we race over her sleeping on the lounge. Mummy is thinking of taking me out on a leash for a while. Maybe that will help.
Also abashed but unchanging,
Meow Angel