Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feeling Lonely

I'm feeling lonely these days...Mom's not around as much anymore, since her studio is not in the house, and Dad's also gone most of the day. I'm missing my regular interaction with Mom, hanging out together, listening to her talk to me just as though I were a person in her life (which I am of course, a person in cat's clothing), being loved and touched incessantly.

I overheard Mom talking this morning that maybe she'd get me a leash and a halter kind of thing and take me for walks outside. Can you picture me on a leash? I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like, but if she does get me one I'll give it a go. She also said she was thinking about getting another litter box and taking me to her studio so I can spend the days there with her. I hope she does, because I really don't like being alone all day long.

But I'm going to have to promise not to bolt out the door of the studio when she opens it. So I'm focusing my attention on practicing my best behavior so this new possibility comes to pass. I think it depends on me.

Keep a happy thought for me, catfans! Ciao meow!

3 comments:

Elizabeth B said...

Hmm. Our mom tried the leash and harness thing too, and it really wasn't very much fun. She just never wanted to walk under bushes and get to the good stuff which is where we wanted to go. She seemed to think she was walking us and didn't understand that it was supposed to be the other way around. Nor did she take it too well when we would pull back and climb out of the harness (just took a little practice and we figured that one out). Finally, we'd just walk out the door with her and sit down and refuse to move. Took awhile, but she finally got the hint. Now, moving that litter box to the studio so you can visit is a GREAT idea. We used to go to work with Mom and it was wonderful. She was happy, we were happy... but then some idiot brought a yappy dog to work and four legged visitors were outlawed by the university. Narrow minded institution!
Cat(ch) you later, Hobbes and Arlo

tiedyejudy said...

I think Mom has a great idea, bringing you to the studio. My Bubba doesn't get to come into my studio, but then he sleeps most of the day anyway. You sound like you know how to behave in her work area, so it will probably be okay... either that, or Mom will need to get you a friend to keep you company, and that might be too much for close quarters!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Going to the studio is a GREAT idea.
Angel